New classes will begin March 16, 2019 on Saturdays (8 week session)**:
March 16, 23, 30; April 6, 13, 20, 27; May 11
**Registration is now open!**
Practice, Practice, Practice!
Each student is invited to attend the public skating session before class, at no added charge. This extra ice time will aid in the development of skating skills! You must check in at the Admissions Desk before entering public session and before each class! (Public Session Time: 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
Acceptance to class is on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you would like a brochure mailed to you, please contact us with your name and address.
- Class size is limited – sign up early!
- Please register by March 8, 2019.
- Payment is due in full at sign-up.
- No refunds.
- There will be a $10.00 late fee for all registrations received after March 8.
Basic Skills Class (Ages 6 and up)
Cost: $125 (includes skate rentals)
Time: 1:40 PM – 2:20 PM on Saturdays
- Forward & Backward Skating
- Two-Foot Turn in Place Turns
- Forward Edges & Crossovers
- Backward Edges & Crossovers
- Bunny Hop (beginning jumps)
- Forward Inside Pivots
- Two Foot Spin (beginning spins)
Snowplow Sam Club (Ages 3 – 5)
Cost: $110 (includes skate rentals)
Time: 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM* on Saturdays
- Sit & Stand Up on Ice (falling and recovery)
- Marching – introduction to moving forward
- Forward Two-Foot Swizzles
- Two-Foot Hop
- Forward Skating
- Backward Swizzles
- Two Foot and One Foot Glides
- Snowplow Stop
Layering warm, comfortable clothing such as a warm-up suit, knit pants with a sweater or sweatshirt with long sleeves are highly recommended. Do not wear bulky ski pants, jackets, or hockey pants for the lesson. These do not allow for good movement. Gloves or mittens and helmet (bike or hockey) are also highly recommended!
Properly fitted skates are essential. Skates must fit snugly; do not layer socks. Lace or buckle skates so that the boot is snug and secure. If your child has never worn ice skates, we recommend they wear figure skates for (at least) the first four classes before switching to hockey skates. Figure skates will allow the child to get his/her balance much quicker than with a hockey skate. The smallest skate size available for rental is a children’s size 9.